Absentee/No Show Policy
If you fail to appear for or are absent from an examination, no fees or charges will be refunded; however, a test registration may be transferred to a later administration due to an emergency circumstance that prevents you from taking the test, such as:
- Illness or injury to you or a member of your immediate family.
- Death of a member of your immediate family.
To request a transfer, submit the following to FTCE/FELE Customer Service:
- A written request describing the emergency circumstance that prevented you from taking the test, and;
- In the case of illness or injury, a signed letter attesting to the illness or injury from a medical doctor, physician's assistant, or nurse practitioner on official letterhead stationery. Letters written on prescription forms are not acceptable; however, "return to work" authorization letters are acceptable if they include an "out of work" date range inclusive of the testing date, or;
- In the case of death, a dated newspaper obituary or a dated funeral program stating your relationship to the deceased.
FTCE/FELE Customer Service must receive the written request and the documentation of illness, injury, or death within 30 calendar days after the missed test date.
If you are experiencing flu-like symptoms, you should not report to your testing appointment. For additional information, see the Flu/Pandemic Policy.